Beamer 3.0 features Chromecast support, a redesigned interface, a new icon, and much more.
You can find a quick overview on the What’s New page of the Beamer 3.0 website.
New Features in Beamer 3.0:
- Now supports playback to Google Cast devices, such as Chromecast
- Supports the fourth-generation Apple TV
- Use the Apple TV Remote to skip to the next movie by double-clicking the play button
- Modern, redesigned interface
- More controls are available from the playback window
- Options to automatically select subtitles and audio tracks of a certain language
- Option to set Beamer to automatically use a surround soundtrack when available
- Set a playlist or a movie to repeat automatically
- Improved automatic subtitle selection
- Improved color accuracy for movies using the bt709 color matrix
- Detects more subtitle tracks in VOB files
- Updated transcoding backend
- Numerous performance and stability improvements