If your iPhone is unlocked, it means you can use it with different carriers. The device can only be unlocked by your carrier.
Contact your carrier:
- Check with your carrier if they offer unlocking.
- Get in touch with the carrier and request an unlock. Your request might take a couple of days to complete. To check your request's status, contact your carrier.
- Once the carrier confirms your iPhone is unlocked, follow the steps below.
If your SIM card is from a carrier, different than your current one:
- Remove your current SIM card and insert the new one.
- Set up your iPhone again.
If you don't have an alternative SIM card:
- Back up your iPhone.
- Erase your iPhone.
- Restore your iPhone from the backup.