The Apple MFi Program (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad) offers copyrighted technical information, testing tools, hardware connectors and components, and support to third-party accessory manufacturers and developers.
Basically, with MFi label Apple Inc. approves that the accessory is good to go with your device.
The list of MFi licensed technologies includes:
- AirPlay audio;
- Authentication coprocessors;
- Headphone Remote and Mic;
- HomeKit Accessory Protocol (HAP);
- iPod Accessory Protocol (iAP)—compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad;
- Lightning Audio Module;
- Lightning / 30-pin connectors;
- MFi Hearing Aid technology;
- Wireless Accessory Configuration (WAC);
- MFi Game Controllers.
How do I check if the accessory is MFi certified? Look for the “Made for iPhone” or “Made for iPad” badge on the product packaging. If you’ve already thrown it away, look up the product on Google or Amazon.
All the best! Enjoy your whole Apple setup.