The Settings app on your iPhone is like a treasure chest—it holds the secrets and keys to all the apps installed on your device. Including the Touch ID, which is probably the most commonly used to unlock an iPhone.
There is a bunch of Touch ID settings that you can manage (Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode):
- You can turn Touch ID on or off for Passcode, iTunes & App Store, or Apple Pay.
- You can enroll up to five fingerprints. Note: each new print might make fingerprint recognition take slightly longer.
- To rename a fingerprint, tap on it.
- To delete a fingerprint—swipe on it.
- Touch the Home button to identify a fingerprint. The matching print will be highlighted briefly.
Press the Home button using Touch ID to unlock your device.
To unlock your device using Touch ID without pressing the Home button, go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Home Button and turn on Rest Finger to Open.
Now, you are able to fully use Touch ID feature on your iPhone. Try it out :)