In this article, we have covered the steps you can take to open the backups on your computer.
Backups on your Mac
Here is how you can find a list of all your backups:
- Find the magnifier icon in the menu bar and click on it.
- Type or copy and paste the following: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
- Press Return.
To find a specific backup:
1. macOS Catalina 10.15 or later > Finder.
macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC > iTunes.
2. Click your device in the corresponding window.
3. In the Finder, click Manage Backups to see a list of your backups. Here, you can right-click on the needed backup, then select Show in Finder, or you can choose Delete or Archive.
In iTunes, chose Preferences, then click Devices. From here, you can right-click on the necessary backup, then choose Show in Finder, or you can select Delete or Archive.
4. Click OK when you're finished.
Backups in Windows 7, 8, or 10
To find a list of your backups, go to \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
You can also use these steps:
- Find the Search bar:
- Windows 7 > click Start.
- Windows 8 > click the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner.
- In Windows 10 > click the Search bar next to the Start button.
- In the Search bar, enter %appdata% or %USERPROFILE% (if you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store).
- Click Return.
- Double-click these folders: "Apple" or "Apple Computer" > MobileSync > Backup.
Now, you should be able to backup your files without any issues :)