The most reliable way importing photos to your PC is via Windows Photos app as follows:
- Check if the latest version of iTunes runs on your PC (12.5.1 or later). We recommend you download iTunes from Apple website, not Microsoft.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer using a USB cable.
- It may be necessary to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
- A prompt on the iOS device might pop up. It will ask if you would like to Trust this Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.
- After this, the Photos app should automatically launch. If it doesn't, launch the program from the Windows Start menu or search bar.
- Click the Import icon in the upper right corner of the Photos app.
Congratulations! The pictures should be now on your PC :)